Scott Parker hints at West Ham United exit: The Premier League is where I want to play
After producing the form of his career this season, the Football Writers' Footballer of the Year insists he wants to play at the highest level and suggests he may leave Upton ParkScott Parker has hinted that he could leave West Ham United this summer by admitting that he wants to play in the Premier League.
The Hammers were relegated this season after picking up just 33 points under Avram Grant, but Parker's impressive performances saw him pick up the Football Writers' Footballer of the Year award.
The 30-year-old, who has been linked with a move away from Upton Park with Arsenal and Tottenham said to be interested, says his future could be decided "over the next couple of months".
Parker told Sky Sports: "Obviously [the Premier League] is where I want to play and where everybody aims to play. It is the best league and if you were asking anyone this question they would say the same. We will see what happens over the next couple of months."
He added: "It is obviously very, very disappointing and I've stated before it has been a good season for me personally, probably some of the best football that I've played for a long, long while. But at the end of it I'm involved in relegation and no-one wants that."
Parker's displays for the Hammers this season have seen him recalled to the England squad for the first time since 2007.
No comments:
Post a Comment